开启左侧

2000-2009年全国统一考研英语历年真题和答案

[复制链接]
1577 0
icky27 发表于 2018-4-25 10:18:05 | 只看该作者 |阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题

本帖最后由 首经贸 于 2018-4-25 11:29 编辑

2009 年考研英语(一)试题Section I        Use of English
Directions:

Read the following text. Choose the best word(s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on        ANSWER SHEET 1 . (10 points)

Research                on        animal                intelligence        always        makes        me        wonder        just                how        smart                humans        are.        1the        fruit-fly experiments        described        in  Carl  Zimmer's        piece                in  the                Science        Times        on        Tuesday.        Fruit        flies                who                were        taught                to        be smarter than the average fruit fly2to live shorter lives. This suggests that3bulbs burn longer, that there is
an4in not being too terrifically bright.

Intelligence, it5out, is a high-priced option. It takes more upkeep, burns more fuel and is slow6the
starting line because it depends on learning        — a gradual7— instead of instinct. Plenty of other species are able
to learn, and one of the things they've apparently learned is when to8.

Is there an adaptive value to9intelligence? That's the question behind this new research. I like it. Instead of casting a wistful glance10at all the species we've left in the dust I.Q.-wise, it implicitly asks what the real11 of our own intelligence might be. This is12the mind of every animal I've ever met.

Research on animal intelligence also makes me wonder what experiments animals would13on humans if they had the chance. Every cat with an owner,14, is running a small-scale study in operant conditioning. We believe that15animals ran the labs, they would test us to16the limits of our patience, our faithfulness, our memory for terrain. They would try to decide what intelligence in humans is really17, not merely how much of it there is.18, they would hope to study a19question: Are humans actually aware of the world they live in?
20the results are inconclusive.

1.        [A] Suppose
[B] Consider
[C] Observe
[D] Imagine

2.        [A] tended

[B] feared

[C] happened

[D] threatened

3.        [A] thinner

[B] stabler

[C] lighter

[D] dimmer

4.        [A] tendency

[B] advantage

[C] inclination

[D] priority

5.        [A] insists on

[B] sums up

[C] turns out

[D] puts forward

6.        [A] off

[B] behind

[C] over

[D] along

7.        [A] incredible

[B] spontaneous

[C] inevitable

[D] gradual

8.        [A] fight

[B] doubt

[C] stop

[D] think

9.        [A] invisible

[B] limited

[C] indefinite

[D] different

10.        [A] upward

[B] forward

[C] afterward

[D] backward

11.        [A] features
[B] influences
[C] results
[D] costs

12.        [A] outside

[B] on

[C] by

[D] across

13.        [A] deliver

[B] carry

[C] perform

[D] apply

14.        [A] by chance

[B] in contrast

[C] as usual

[D] for instance

15.        [A] if

[B] unless

[C] as

[D] lest

16.        [A] moderate

[B] overcome

[C] determine

[D] reach

17.        [A] at

[B] for

[C] after

[D] with

18.        [A] Above all

[B] After all

[C] However

[D] Otherwise

19.        [A] fundamental

[B] comprehensive

[C] equivalent

[D] hostile

20.        [A] By accident

[B] In time

[C] So far

[D] Better still

Section I I        Reading comprehension

Part A

Directions:

Read the following four texts. Answer the questions below each text by choosing A, B, C or D. Mark your answers on ANSWER SHEET 1        . (40 points)

Text 1

Habits are a funny thing. We reach for them mindlessly, setting our brains on auto-pilot and relaxing into the unconscious comfort of familiar routine. "Not choice, but habit rules the unreflecting herd," William Wordsworth said in the 19th century. In the ever-changing 21st century, even the word "habit" carries a negative connotation.

So it seems antithetical to talk about habits in the same context as creativity and innovation. But brain researchers have discovered that when we consciously develop new habits, we create parallel synaptic paths, and even entirely new brain cells, that can jump our trains of thought onto new, innovative tracks.

file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ksohtml\wpsB7DE.tmp.jpgBut don't bother trying to kill off old habits; once those ruts of procedure are worn into the hippocampus, they're there to stay. Instead, the new habits we deliberately ingrain into ourselves create parallel pathways that can bypass those old roads.

"The first thing needed for innovation is a fascination with wonder," says Dawna Markova, author of "The Open Mind" and an executive change consultant for Professional Thinking Partners. "But we are taught instead to 'decide,' just as our president calls himself 'the Decider.' " She adds, however, that "to decide is to kill off all possibilities but one. A good innovational thinker is always exploring the many other possibilities."

全部真题附件:

2000-2009年考研英语历年真题和答案.docx (1.25 MB, 下载次数: 0, 售价: 5 点CUEB)

收藏0 支持0 反对0
分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

热门图文
热门帖子
排行榜
作者专栏

关注我们:微信订阅号

官方客服微信